Tuesday 1 May 2012

Hello

It's here, finally I can share with you all who and what are Betty & Grace.  There have been tears and moments of self doubt but I am now ready to reveal what I have been up to!


 
I have always dreamt of having a pretty garden studio where I would design and make beautiful things to sell.  For so many years I have tucked away my dreams or more recently had false starts.  I guess I never really knew what it was that I wanted to design and make.  But since taking a branding course earlier this year (more about that to come in another post), I now feel I have the confidence to try and make my dream a reality.  I have also finally worked out what it is that I want to design and make and my three daughters are a huge inspiration in creating Betty & Grace.  There is already a doll named after my youngest little girl and don't worry Amber and Lucy will be joining Kitty very soon.  I have only launched with three products but already have planned lots more in the next few weeks!

So with a head full of ideas and yet to actually have the garden studio I have started the arduous journey of being a creative small business owner.  I hope you will join me here to share the highs and lows and of course share your feedback about my creations. 

Right, I need a cup of tea whislt I consider how to make my photos better! It never ends does it?!

4 comments:

  1. Dreams should never be tucked away. We have to experiment and try out our ideas, or we will always wonder "what if.."
    I love the idea of Betty and Grace and know you will do well with it. Wishing you all the best.
    Rachel Goodchild
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Rachel :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post Zoe - so honest and real and I can absolutely relate - to the dreams, the self doubt, the TRYING IT! I also love that you have found the time and inspiration to do this off the back of our lovely branding course - I still have SO much I want to do following on from that.

    So many ideas and things bubbling away to which are nothing to do with Cottontails. I just need to clone myself a couple of times and I'm good to go!

    How you do it all AND have children - wow!

    Anyway, huge congratulations!

    Charlotte
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte. Time is always going to be an issue, but sometimes we haev to take our dreams & see if they will work! I hope you can follow yours too xx

      Delete